Thursday, June 17, 2010

Reading Is Good For You


Mommy introduced me to the beautiful world of reading when I was still a very small kid. She bought me lots of books, mostly board books so that they would be difficult to tear apart. When I was smaller, I would munch on any book that I can get my hands on. When the pages have movable parts in them, I would tear them and remove them out of curiosity. This drives my Mommy crazy because books, after all come with a price.

But I have already mellowed down in my book-tearing and book-destruction phase and would play pretend and browse the pages, telling my own story while pointing at the photos. My words though are still unclear but Mommy can already catch some words and what I meant. My parents expose me to different languages: German, English, Tagalog and Cebuano so that at the age of 2 years and 3 months, I still cannot construct a complete simple sentence. But as they say, to each his own so my parents are not rushing me into things.

For now, I enjoy the books that my Mommy has lovingly prepared for me. She would sometimes read a story to me but I prefer it when I am the one in charge, when I am the one telling the story. Perhaps I got that trait from her.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...