Saturday, September 25, 2010

Shrek! Shrek!

Guess what I have in my hands? Yes, you are right! I got a laughing and noisy Shrek. Even if I held him upside down, he would give out his ogre-ish laugh and some other snorting sounds. This is a free toy from McDonald's Happy Meal. It's really cute! I do not eat often at McDonald's though. Mommy and Daddy are just not that into McDonald's. But my Kuya Luis and Tito Leo are big McDo fans... Kuya Luis loves eating chicken nuggets and french fries especially when they are on the road.


Many stories and legends have depicted ogres as cruel creatures, who would eat humans and destroy anything that is in their way. Ogres are what put children early to bed. Ogres are what keep children form wandering too far in the woods. Ogres are what keep children from disobeying their parents. Until SHREK came... 


I first met Shrek during Christimas last year at Madame Tussaud's in London, a wax museum where every figure seems real. It was Mommy who introduced me to him. He was indeed a very huge creature, and green and shabby-looking too. But I wasn't afraid. He wasn't real after all. And he looked friendly enough. I even checked out what's underneath his ogre clothes. Hahaha!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...