Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite!

Young as I am, my Mom has taught me the importance of cleaning. She said that keeping your living space clean will also prevent the bad bacteria that causes a multitude of diseases away. She likes to keep our bedroom especially clean. She would regularly air our beds because she doesn't want bed bugs in our bed. She also vacuums our luggage cases when we get home from our trips. It helps prevent bed bugs transmission, she says. She vacuums the bed and changes our sheets once a week, too. Kind of tasking but true. I guess you could officially call my Mom maarte then.

If you are wondering what bed bugs are, they look like this:


They are very small insects and elusive at that. They bite and the affected area becomes red and very itchy. They feed on the blood of warm-blooded animals especially humans so you can almost call them vampires. These parasites are most active during the night and can feed on their hosts unnoticed. 

If you want to keep the bed bugs from suddenly biting you in the night, you might as well follow what my mom does. This will assure you of a bed bug free sleeping haven for those good night sweet dreams. So, don't let the bed bugs bite!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for your cute blog! I purchased a mattress protector specifically for bed bugs so they won't occupy my bed. I hope I never get them in the first place. I purchased the cotton bed bug blocker mattress protector from overstock.com. It was highly rated and had great reviews. I hope this tip helps!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...